Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bath Fizzy

     My little sister also has a Daughter that deals with Eczema. She started making these bath fizzies and saw more improvement in the healing of the rash and way less itchiness. She shared the recipe with me and we love the skin softening and fun smell! You can really smell the virgin coconut oil and we put in peppermint and Lavender essential oils. YUM! SO nice for winter months with wood heat! 
   Our girls love them! It is a treat to add them to their bathes! We use 2 per bath. Also great for just a foot soak!

  Bath Fizzy Recipe

2/3 cup oatmeal, ground finely

1/4 cup citric acid

2/3 cup baking soda

3 Tablespoons coconut oil  (we use extra virgin for the healing properties)

1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

3 drops peppermint essential oil

3 drops lavender essential oil

I grind the oats in my blend tec then add in the rest and attempt to blend. ;) I end up dumping it in a bowl and kneading it til done. I use a cookie scoop to make balls. You want about 2 TBS per bath.

Add in a hot bath with a book and it makes for a nice evening! Enjoy!

Emily

2 comments:

  1. I used room temperature coconut oil. It works great at any hardness. The blender warmed it up some too I think.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers